Friday, April 29, 2011

Al Respirar...


I've been away for a bit, in surprisingly sunny Norfolk... but now I am back in very surprisingly sunny Lancashire.

Just to get me in the swing of things again, I've been looking up lots of versions of Al Respirar... the truly remarkable Vetusta Morla song.... and here is a selection of them.

This isn't just for a bit of fun though... learning Spanish songs, especially good ones like this, is a terrific way to learn and practise your Spanish....

Here we go..

Here’s a video with the words…handy when learning the words and/or singing along…


Here’s a very simple idea done well…


And here’s a version which tells a story…


This one is another mini-story by Sylvia y Pepa…


Make of this one what you will…


What all this shows, is that Al Respirar is a well-loved song, despite its rather morbid mood.

There’s lots of other Al Respirar stuff… some rather uninspiring ones with just still pictures, plenty of cover versions , people showing you how to play it on the guitar etc etc… and doubtless some terrific ones I’ve missed.

Anyhow, here’s Lantana with an acoustic rendering of Imaginarte….


and here, rather belatedly, the words..

Lantana Imaginarte Lyrics:
A veces dudo de tu presencia,
de que me tengas en cuenta.
Entonces se me abre la herida
que me dejó tu partida.

A veces creo que no hay duda
que la distancia nunca dura,
que cuando yo quiera te tengo
y que anudarnos es perfecto.

Yo prefiero imaginarte
como el aire que se esconde
tras los árboles de noche.
Imaginarte como antes amándome
tras los árboles de noche.

A veces creo que te invento
para poder seguir viviendo
aunque sea una quimera,
un tesoro en la encimera.

A veces me subo a la mesa
y me parece una cordillera
alrededor el horizonte
del otro lado la tetera.

Me da vueltas imaginarte
como el aire que se esconde
tras los árboles de noche.
Imaginarte como antes amándome
tras los árboles de noche.

Soy tu cintura, tú mi cuerpo.
Mi deseo está en tu piel.
Quizá parezca una estupidez
imaginar lo que sería
besarte en este instante.

Y me peleo porque dicen que
el que algo quiere algo le cuesta
y ese fantasma no me deja
y yo me canso de luchar.

Entonces saco la mía espada
me bato en duelo en Granada
en frente de mi doncella
y gano si me da la gana.

No comments:

Post a Comment