Sunday, February 27, 2011

In-Car Entertainment...

To start with, this is a little home-made "road movie" of Nena Daconte's El Aleph... the production values are a little lower, but then so were the production costs. It is full of incident though, and there is rather an abrupt ending... in fact it finishes before the song does







If you are busting to know how this stunning film was made, I blu-tacked the tiny pocket digital camera to the dashboard, turned up the in-car sound system ( or tape player as it is more commonly known) to all, and got going!



And while we are talking about cars, drive-time is a great opportunuty to listen to Spanish...as long as certain people aren't in the car with you...



I listen to all sorts of Spanish stuff in the car.... I've got Michel Thomas's stuff which I've put onto tapes, I've got lots of different GCSE/A level tapes such as Vaya and Al Tanto...







I've also taped selections from Retales de Carnaval ( Nena Daconte ) and Mala Rodriguez ( Malamarismo)... both brilliant CD's which are great for in-car Spanish + entertainment.



These are the only two really good Spanish CD's I've got because the ones I want are very expensive or not available... especially Vetusta Morla!



So...can any of you lot recommend any other things I should have which don't cost the earth?



For now, here's some music...



This is Love of Lesbian with a very basic version of Incendias de Nieve.... they do a bit of talking first, but then it's a terrific intimate song... I'm still so pleased that I have found people like these, and Vetusta Morla, Nena Daconte, Love of Lesbian, Zahara, Facto Delafe etc who make such beautiful music from the heart.....